Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Assignment #2

My definition of an adolescent........

I think that an adolescent is a person who is 13 to 19 years old, in the process of self discovery, striving to figure out who they are.

I have to say that my opinion of what an adolescent is did not change with the chapter readings, but what the reading did do was make me reflect upon my own adolescent experience. I think that for the most part we all have a tendency to block out that part of our lives. It is just a really awkward time when we are trying to figure out who we are. We make mistakes and grow and learn from them. I think that this is the time in our lives when we need literature that we can relate to the most. I know that it was my friends and my books that got me through my adolescent stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment